Dark Tales Short Story Competition
1. UK residents can enter the competition either by post or online.
2. Non-UK residents can enter the competition online.
3. Non-UK residents are also welcome to enter the competition by post provided that the entry fee can be paid with a pounds sterling (UK) cheque or an international money order.
4. Entry fee:
(a) Non-subscribers: The entry fee is £5 if you do not require a critique, £10 if you require a tick-sheet critique, £20 if you require a tick-sheet critique and a proof edit.
(b) Contest subscribers: For the monthly subscription fee of £5, or the annual subscription fee of £50, you may enter two stories, or one story with a critique, into each contest. Each additional story is £5, £10 if you require a critique, £20 if you require a critique and proof edit.
5. Each entry must be no longer than 5000 words.
6. Each entry must be the original, unpublished work of the stated author. Full copyright is retained by the author.
7. For postal entries, stories must be typed or printed legibly, and the author's name and the title of the story must be printed at the top of each page.
8. Postal entries must be sent, with adequate postage attached, to:
Dark Tales Short Story Competition, 7 Offley Street, Worcester WR3 8BH, UK.
Cheques or postal orders payable to Dark Tales.
9. The deadline for receipt of stories is the last day of each month, midnight GMT. This is currently 31st March 2016.
10. Stories cannot be returned so please do not send original manuscripts.
11. Entries will be judged by Sean Jeffery and one other judge, whose decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. Each monthly contest winner will receive £100 plus publication in Dark Tales. All other shortlisted entries will also be published in Dark Tales. Each published entrant will be notified as soon as possible after the deadline date. Critiques will be sent out as soon as possible after this.
13. All published entrants will receive one free copy of the issue of Dark Tales their story is published in.
14. Postal entries: Entries must be accompanied by the correct payment. An entry form can be used but is not compulsory.
15. Online entries: After making your payment via PayPal email your story to email@example.com - preferably as a Word document - ensuring that the Subject for the email is Dark Tales Contest Entry. If you have subscribed to the anthology and do not need a critique please email your free entry quoting your subscriber name and address. All other stories can be uploaded or emailed.
Go here for a printable entry form if you would like to enter by post, or select an option below:
There are now two online (PayPal) options for the short story competition.
(1) Pay for each entry (plus a critique, and proof edit, if required):
Or (2) Take out a subscription to the competition for just £5 ($8) per month or £50 ($80 US) per year.
You can then enter two stories, or one story plus a tick-sheet critique, into each contest:
Size : 37.251 Kb
Type : pdf